Our theme this year is: "A step in the right direction: Enriching the practice of language education through technology." Please consider submitting a presentation or workshop proposal (see below) as we want to hear about the successes and failures of your current endeavors. Whether you have years of experience or are new to the technology scene we need your guidance! Some areas of interest for this conference are:
- Project-Based learning with new technologies
- Effective technology use without a big budget
- Mobile Learning
- Networking and collaborating with other professionals
- Play and Game-Based Learning
- Technology and Service Learning
- Collaborative learning techniques
- Content-Based learning with new technologies
- Professional education and training
- Classroom and program Support
There is a block of rooms reserved for conference attendees. Please call the hotel for a reservation and tell them you are with the MWALLT conference. This conference rate is available for Nov 2 and/or Nov 3.
Address: 700 North Minnesota Ave., St. Peter. MN
Deadline to get the conference rate: October 2
Room with double beds: 96.90 +tax
Room with queen bed 88.90 +tax
Based on Single or Double Occupancy
Additional individuals 16+ additional fee
Indoor Pool, Breakfast, Microwave, Fridge, etc.
Breakfast and lunch on the day of the conference are included in the cost of registration. NOTE: Registrations after Nov 1 may not be able to get lunch.
You may also want to join us for the post-conference dinner (not included in registration) at the Whiskey River for some more informal networking. Here is their menu, so you can get an idea of what to eat. There is a check-off on the registration form, if you'd like to come, so we can get numbers for the reservation.